Why is the new Dopper Original not made of 100% recycled content?
Starting in February 2023, the Dopper Original is made of 70% plant-based waste and 15% recycled plastic waste. The remaining 15% is virgin plastic. So why aren’t we using 100% recycled materials? Simply put: because we can’t. Yet.
For the bottle Body and Cap, we chose CirculenRenew - PP. For the Cup, we selected Tritan Renew – Copolyester.
When going through the selection process, we chose materials:
- With the highest amount of recycled and renewable content currently available
- That are fit to create a strong reusable water bottle, and
- That still adhere to the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) regulations
There is currently no 100% recycled material yet that has the right qualities ánd is EFSA-approved.
Highest percentage of recycled content
We chose Eastman’s Tritan Renew with 50% PCR content, because it:
- Contains the highest percentage of recycled content (50% compared to 15% for competing suppliers)
- Has a focus on recycling waste (in line with Dopper's mission to address plastic waste)|
- Is Cradle to Cradle Certified® Platinum for Material Health